Digital Marketing Specialist – Europe and Middle East Markets
Join us to lead, design and build the next generation of digital engagement for United Way Worldwide. The primary function of the Digital Marketing Specialist (Lead Associate)-Europe and Middle East Markets is to execute the digital engagement strategy for our Digital Services program, and to galvanize 10 markets across Europe toward a deeper level of digital engagement and capacity, while raising the overall awareness of United Ways with in the region. The ideal candidate will be a talented, driven marketer, with equal footing in data and communication, experienced in driving successful digital campaigns, comfortable with technology and content development, who blends email and social media expertise with an analytical mind. Must have a digital marketing background who has successfully executed, maintained, and optimized digital marketing campaigns. Our ideal candidate will have experience and strong cultural awareness across European and Middle Eastern markets, and possess an adaptability and results-driven attitude. The Digital Marketing Specialist will work with the Email Marketing Manager, Social Media Manager, the Digital Services team, data integration partners, as well as local United Way representatives to create and execute digital marketing campaigns to drive key metrics, including conversions, lead generation and fundraising activity on United Way’s digital properties. This is a great opportunity to help build and drive digital strategy and transformation of United Way across Europe, creating a model for broader global engagement.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF POSITION:
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty listed below at a satisfactory level:
- Manage day-to-day digital marketing campaign execution for local United Ways across markets in Europe and the Middle East.
- Have the ability to be cross-trained for technical build-out and implementation of email, advertising, and social media campaigns.
- Possess a strong familiarity with the Salesforce ecosystem, including experience with Non-Profit Success Pack, Pardot, Social Studio, Marketing Cloud and CRM.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to create and execute data-driven, dynamic email campaigns and deliver highly-targeted/segmented marketing campaigns, lifecycle emails, retention/reactivation programs, and loyalty building communications.
- Execute various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in our email sends.
- Report on digital results and provide insights and recommendations.
- Create documentation for processes, A/B tests, and digital marketing promotions.
- Interact with local United Way stakeholders on a daily basis and act as a representative of the Digital Services team.
- Coordinate translation of content across markets for successful campaign implementation.
- Ensure digital marketing messages are properly constructed to adhere to industry best practices.
- After an initial training period at United Way Worldwide, be located in a European United Way office, with occasional travel between offices for training and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum requirements include:
- 1-3 years of digital marketing experience in B2C, B2B2C, or nonprofit brands.
- BA/BS in related field such as marketing, analytics or statistics, communications or related field.
- Proficiency in email marketing and marketing automation technology.
- Strong understanding of email and social media marketing concepts and metrics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, driven environment, implementing last-minute changes as needed.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, creative, analytical and takes initiative.
- Ability to work self-directed, under pressure, meet deadlines, manage multiple project simultaneously, and review and analyze data.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, project, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form). Technical Skills:
- Experience using Email Service Provider (ESP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud (preferred), Pardot, as well as Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack (NPSP) as a foundational CRM platform.
- Experience with social media platforms like Social Studio (preferred), HootSuite, or Sprout Social, as well as conducting paid social campaigns across multiple social platforms
- Solid understanding of web metrics, digital analytics (GA), and ability to generate, analyze and interpret data.
- Demonstrated skills with Excel (i.e. formulas, pivot tables, formatting, et al)
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
ABOUT UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE:
United Way Worldwide seeks diverse, qualified professionals who want to make a difference in the world. If you are passionate about your work and desire to help others achieve enhanced education, income, and health, United Way Worldwide is the place for you.
United Way Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please e-mail email@example.com or call 703-836-7100, ext. 324 and provide the nature of your request and your contact information.
We are a charter member of Employers of National Service and encourage AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni to apply.
United Way Worldwide is located in Old Town Alexandria, VA. We offer competitive salary and excellent benefits including: health, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability, employee assistance program, 403(b) plan, tuition assistance, paid time off, family sick leave, medical appointment leave, parental/adoption leave, dress for your day, free parking, onsite gym, monthly volunteering opportunities, and more.
UNITED WAY WORLDWIDE’S DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE:
We take the broadest possible view of diversity.
We value the visible and invisible qualities that make you who you are.
We welcome that every person brings a unique perspective and experience to advance our mission and progress our fight for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community.
We believe that each United Way community member, donor, volunteer, advocate, and employee must have equal access to solving community problems.
We strive to include diversity, equity, and inclusion practices at the center of our daily work.
We commit to using these practices for our business and our communities.
Join us in embracing diversity, equity and inclusion for every person in every community.
Approved by the United Way U.S.A. Board of Trustees on March 6, 2019.
Thank you for your interest in employment with United Way Worldwide. You will be contacted if your qualifications are a good match and you are selected for an interview.