Our foundation places great emphasis on discovering and gaining deep knowledge about real social problems, needs and resources by involving a wide circle of supporters, and collecting donations in order to achieve radical and permanent changes.
Our foundation and donation system are both transparent and accountable. Our financial statements are audited by independent experts.
Our method in six steps:
Step 1: NEEDS ASSESSMENT
- Community dialogue with relevant partners
- Reviewing data of national research conducted by specialists
- Trying to find areas where neither state grants nor other types of grants are accessible
Step 2: FUNDRAISING
- Novel, unique, creative and personalized methods are developed and applied in Hungary
- Addressing both companies and individuals for collecting financial or in-kind donations
- Encouraging people to take advantage of the opportunity to volunteer and donate their time to the purposes they consider important
Step 3: TENDERING
- We use a national, open tender system
- We require detailed and high-standard professional applications, with details of the specific areas
- The application process is monitored by experts who ensure that rules are followed strictly
Step 4: RESOURCE ALLOCATION
- Experts and volunteers are involved in the evaluation, proposals and decision-making process
- The donations are distributed at a national level
Step 5: MONITORING
- Each party receiving support must report the use of aid.
- We provide an opportunity for our staff, external experts or volunteers to ascertain the appropriate use of funds.
- If there is even a slight discrepancy to the original plan, we strictly monitor the beneficiary organization until the objectives originally supported are established to 100%.
Step 6: REVIEW
- United Way Hungary is committed to being fully accountable to its supporters.
- Financial summaries and independent auditor’s reports are always made public.
- Transparency is also increased by volunteers’ participation in the various committees.